As far as Fashion Weeks go, I am most certainly far from being a well-seasoned pro - though my trip to MBFWA last year was a major eye-opener to these industry events and the ridiculous amount of attention street-style photographers paid towards the 1) high-profiled and/or 2) wacky. VAMFF in Melbourne is a slightly different scene - being a consumer event you get anyone and everyone. From the usual bloggers and photographer suspects, your high school fashionistas and budding fashion design students, to the mature and sophisticated types, indie rocker chicks and the guy who looked like he just rolled out of bed and got dressed in ladies' pants that were two sizes too small. All in all, it makes for a pretty fascinating people-watching experience.
I'm not about to rave about each and every outfit that I saw over the few days that I was there, but these are curated snapshots of styles that I'd love to wear myself or genuinely caught my eye.
1. Sunset over Docklands
2. Top-to-toe florals, and a slouched beanie - so much perfection in this
3. Low backs over low fronts, any day.
4. Tailored harem pants, and that dusty lilac fedora. Casual chic in the colour combination of the moment. (Divine Wanderer)
5. Mix your prints in black & white - always a winner. (Lionlion Bazaar)
6. Super feminine florals and a grin to match (The 3000 Chapter)
7. The ever so stylish Gary Pepper girl. Just a little bit smitten.
8. Models off-duty in a bit of grunge
9&10. She made her own dress and I loved it. This young lady will be one to watch! (Stephanie Alyce)
11. Sunsets and the Bolte. Nothing like the San Francisco Bay Bridge but still magical all the same.
P.S. Thank you for the 2200 followers on Instagram! Head over here - you know you wanna be part of the fun too.
Photos by myself