Sunday 20 October 2013

STORM IN A TEACUP

LP33.3 maxi dress, Asos heels

Once in a while I come across something, or someone, whose raw beauty, talent, or passion is so blindingly present it leaves me gobsmacked; speechless yet inspired at the same time. I can honestly count these instances on one hand - as I soaked up Joshua Bell's incredible rendition of the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto at the Hamer Hall earlier this year (if you don't know who he is, well, you should), and more recently when I discovered the stunning work of this promising young photographer. These moments bring you such an overwhelming sense of awe and joy you can't help but feel the need to articulate these inner emotions, although not always in a coherent manner.. 

This alarming beauty of a maxi dress made me do a triple-take as I absent-mindedly scrolled the pages of LP33.3's site. There was an attractive moodiness about the gently cascading heap of sheer red that was so ridiculously appealing (someone do a psycho-analysis on me). Melbourne kindly contributed with very wild lashes of wind on the day which interestingly resulted in one of my absolute favourite blog shoots of all time yet! 

Photography by Thomas Lo
 [ facebook  / twitter / instagram ]

9 comments:

  1. You look killer in red! The movement captured in these photos is incredible.
    ~Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out you CAN work with the crazy winds after all. Thanks Jessie x

      Delete
  2. Perfect! Your photography is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect. You always amaze me.

    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness you look absolutely stunning in this dress! love the bright red and chiffon - super gorgeous! <3

    Check out my new post partying with AX Paris! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/ax-paris-aw13-launch-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. these photos are beyond words! seriously love each and every one of those photos! perfection x

    www.sevenautumnleavesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress and great photos!
    http://www.slyonthewall.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! x